Graduate Certificate in Applied Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Analyze environmental problems and use those results to facilitate positive change. This online certificate program allows you to increase your skills in environmental policy, legislation, advocacy, corporate partnership and action.
Graduates of our program are prepared for positions in the corporate, government, and non-governmental worlds as a sustainability manager, corporate sustainability specialist, or one of many other fast growing environmental and sustainability professions.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Applied Environmental and Sustainability Studies overview
What You'll Learn
21st Century Careers in Environmental and Sustainability Fields
The online Graduate Certificate in Applied Environmental and Sustainability Studies prepares graduates for positions in the corporate, government, and non-governmental worlds as a sustainability manager, corporate sustainability specialist, or one of many other fast growing environmental and sustainability professions. Students take a total of 12 credit-hours of graduate coursework. This consists of 9 credit-hours in Environmental and Sustainability Studies and a methods/skills elective.
- Analyze complex environmental and sustainability issues from a variety of interdisciplinary perspectives
- Critical thinking skills to create sustainability solutions to the planet's environmental challenges
- Effectively communicate environmental issues and sustainability solutions through scientific and non-scientific writing
- Recognize and engage in practices that work toward social and environmental justice
- ENS 601 Environmental and Sustainability Studies: Issues and Ideas
- ENS 602 Environment and Sustainability Policy an Governance
- ENS 603 Communicating Environmental and Sustainability Studies
How to Apply
- 2-3 page statement of purpose
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.