Graduate Certificate in Family Financial Therapy
Gain the skills to address issues related to money to help families and couples move forward from financial trauma. This 100% online program is designed to provide part of the educational requirements for individuals pursuing credentials as a financial therapist.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Family Financial Therapy overview
What You'll Learn
1) Analyze and evaluate foundational couple and family therapy theories
2) Demonstrate skill in application of personal and family finance principles, resource management, and the application of these concepts to individuals and families across the life course.
3) Create a family financial therapy best practices model for working with a special need, issue, group, and/or marginalized population.
- FAM 686 Theory and Methods in Couple and Family Therapy
- FAM 668 Allocation of Family Resources
- FAM 746 Family Financial Therapy
- Select one of the following:
- FAM 601 Family Processes
- FAM 652 Readings in Family Theory and Research
- FAM 654 Life Course Theory
- EDP 600 Life Span Development
- FAM 740 Couple and Sex Therapy
How to Apply
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing sample
- Evidence of provisional/licensure in mental health field for applicants who have completed graduate training
All graduate students seeking a family financial therapy certificate must be currently enrolled in--or have a degree/licensure--in a mental health profession such as Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Professional Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Psychiatry, Couple/Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.