Graduate Certificate in Instructional Coaching
Work with instructors and teachers to improve the quality of students' education. In this online program, you will learn to create productive relationships and mentoring environments with teachers so they can flourish in the classroom.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Instructional Coaching overview
What You'll Learn
Educational leadership and excellence begins in the classroom. Designed for the working professional, this 3-course, graduate certificate will prepare you to work as an instructional coach and provide professional development for individual teachers and across schools. After completing courses in this graduate certificate, you will be able to:
- Facilitate teacher teams to solve classroom problems creatively.
- Support adoption of education innovation and renewal initiatives.
- Assess coaching and mentoring opportunities using data and analytics.
- Identify your own strengths and areas of growth as an instructional coach and educator.
- EDL 638 Instructional Coaching and Mentoring
- EDL 706 Leadership for Learning-Centered Schools
- EDL 708 Organizational Learning for P-12 Schools
How to Apply
- Resume: Limited to 2 pages, providing your name and contact information as well as postsecondary education (all degrees, years awarded, institution names, emphasis area), work experiences, education certifications, professional memberships.
- Personal Statement: Please write 2-3 double‐spaced pages, word‐processed in either Times New Roman 12‐point or Arial 10‐point, page numbers and your name in upper right corner about why you are applying to the program. If you cite literature/resources to support your comments, adhere to the academic writing guidelines provided in 7th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Experience working as an educator or teacher is recommended.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.