Masters (MS) in Heritage Resources Administration
Become a leader in cultural heritage management! In this online program, you will learn about cultural and historic resources to advocate for the protection and use of heritage resources and how to lead organizations that ensure the long-term viability of those resources.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Heritage Resources Administration overview
What You'll Learn
The curriculum introduces students to core historic preservation content, including historic preservation law, architectural history, and historic preservation planning, while also teaching skills that are essential for success in leadership positions, such as nonprofit management, financial management, and strategic planning.
This 36 credit hour program was created to meet the needs of practitioners who must not only learn about cultural and historic resources, but who are also responsible for leading the organizations that ensure the long-term viability of those resources.
Students have the option of pursuing a 2 year or a 4 year degree plan. It is strongly recommended that students meet with advisors to develop a course strategy that suits their schedule and interests.
- HP 601 Introduction to Historic Preservation
- HP 602 Historic Preservation Law
- HP 617 Historic Preservation Planning
- HP 675 Architectural History for Preservation Practice
- PA 661 Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- PA 662 Nonprofit Management
- PA 642 Public and Nonprofit Organizational Theory and Behavior
- PA 602 Strategic Planning and Organizational Change
- PA 681 Capstone in Public Administration
How to Apply
- Personal statement
- Writing sample
- The writing sample may be drawn from previous academic work or professional work. Samples of creative work, such as design or photographic portfolios, may be used to fulfill this requirement as well.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (Only an email address is required. Our system will ask them to upload their letter.)
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.