Graduate Certificate in Executive Educational Leadership
Become a leader in your academic institution! In this online program, you will develop skills in executive leadership to help manage and take strong initiatives in educational contexts.
Our Graduate Certificate in Executive Educational Leadership is primarily designed for school system leaders. The courses correspond to our Kentucky Superintendent Licensure program and thus are a good fit for district-level leaders. In particular, this program is useful for private school and international school system leaders, such as the role of Headmaster.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Executive Educational Leadership overview
What You'll Learn
The Graduate Certificate in Executive Educational Leadership prepares aspiring and veteran educators to lead in their academic institutions.
The required courses provide executive leadership development, focused on historical and current job responsibilities, strategic management, problem solving, and innovative initiatives in diverse contexts.
- EDL 676 The School Superintendency
- EDL 677 School System Administration
- EDL 678 Strategic Management in Education
- EDL 682 Leading District Change and Innovation
How to Apply
- Resume: Limited to 2 pages, providing your name and contact information as well as postsecondary education (all degrees, years awarded, institution names, emphasis area), work experiences, education certifications, professional memberships.
- Personal Statement: Please write 2-3 double‐spaced pages, word‐processed in either Times New Roman 12‐point or Arial 10‐point, page numbers and your name in upper right corner about why you are applying to the program. If you cite literature/resources to support your comments, adhere to the academic writing guidelines provided in 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- Experience working as a P12 teacher for at least 3 years is required.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.