Graduate Certificate in Fundraising & Development
Advance your fundraising skills to assist nonprofit organizations secure vital funds for their missions! Nonprofit organizations across the United States vie for knowledgeable and skilled fundraisers, resulting in a steady demand and a strong job market. This online graduate certificate is designed to strengthen fundraising experience, knowledge and skills of professionals currently working or seeking employment in nonprofit organizations.
Our asynchronous format allows you to flex your studies around other important things in your life. There are no prescribed class times or meetings, providing you with maximum flexibility to complete this program.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Fundraising & Development overview
What You'll Learn
Nonprofit organizations across the United States vie for knowledgeable and skilled fundraisers, resulting in a steady demand and a strong job market. This graduate certificate is designed to strengthen fundraising experience, knowledge and skills of professionals currently working or seeking employment in nonprofit organizations. This program equips students with a comprehensive understanding of fundraising strategies, donor relations, grant writing, and effective resource mobilization, enabling them to make a meaningful impact in the nonprofit sector.
- AAD 521 Nonprofit Board Governance
- AAD 625 Financial Management for the Arts - or - AAD 626 Financial Management for Fundraising
- AAD 640 Principles of Fundraising
- AAD 542 Grant Writing for Nonprofit Organizations
- AAD 555 Fundraising: Identifying and Cultivating Individual Donors
- AAD 740 Fundraising Techniques
How to Apply
- CV or resume
- Personal statement
- Compose a statement of purpose which explains why you wish to pursue your certificate in Fundraising and Development.
- Writing sample (optional) Writing samples may include researched essays, marketing or fundraising materials, planning documents or journalistic work.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.