Graduate Certificate in Positive Youth Development
Be part of the solution with successful strategies to help youth transition into adulthood. This online program will teach you to apply research to youth programming, assess and address public concerns in youth development, and employ theory-based models.
This online graduate certificate is delivered by University of Kentucky experts from the Department of 4-H Youth Development in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Positive Youth Development overview
What You'll Learn
Students in the PYD program will learn to apply research to youth programming, assess and address public concerns in youth development, and employ theory-based models in both traditional and non-traditional educational settings.
- be intentional and pro-social
- engage youth within their communities, schools, peer groups, and families
- foster positive relationships
- nurture leadership strengths
Should students want to pursue a graduate degree, in addition to the PYD certificate, this program is designed to compliment the University's online Science Translation and Outreach master of science program - providing 12 of the 30 required hours.
- PYD 600 Contemporary Issues in Youth and Agriculture
- PYD 610 Engaging the Learner: Exploring Brain-Based Learning
- PYD 620 Foundations of Positive Youth Development
- One (1) elective course
How to Apply
- Personal statement
- Please include a personal statement with your application. This should include information about your experience with positive youth development as well as summarizing your interested in obtaining this Graduate Certificate.
- Three letters of recommendation (Only an email address is required. Our system will ask them to upload their letter.)
Per federal regulations and our State Authorization agreement, view University Refund Policies here.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.