Masters (MS) in Entomology
Learn from one of the top 10 entomology programs in the country! Explore insect ecology, evolution, and social behavior in this online program. From doctors to customs inspectors, environmentalists to private industry, entomologists are needed across many industries. This non-thesis degree is designed for individuals in professions where advance training in Entomology will strengthen their career trajectory.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Entomology overview
What You'll Learn
Our students are trained in various areas of entomology including acarology, applied entomology, araneology, behavior, biochemistry, biological control, ecology, genetics, host plant resistance, insect biology, medical, public health and veterinary entomology, molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, toxicology, systematics, and taxonomy.
- *All online master's students will successfully complete at least one course from three core areas. A total of 36 hours is required for degree completion.
- Core Area 1: Insect Behavior, Ecology, Evolution and Systematics
- Core Area 2: Insect Molecular Biology, Physiology and Genetics
- Core Area 3: Pest Management and Applied Ecology
How to Apply
- CV or Resume
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Only an email address is required. Our system will ask them to upload their letter.)
- Applicants should have completed at least one 300-level entomology course
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.