Graduate Certificate in Applied Nutrition & Culinary Medicine
- College of Medicine
- Martin-Gatton College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- College of Health Sciences
Apply evidence-based nutrition information to promote positive health outcomes. This online program advances your knowledge in nutritional sciences and culinary medicine. Certificate holders will be better equipped to support the nutrition education needs of their patients and clients, and to understand the role of registered dietitian nutritionists as part of a healthcare team. This graduate certificate program is designed for health professionals: physicians, nurses, physician assistants, physical therapists, and medical professionals in postgraduate training.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Applied Nutrition & Culinary Medicine overview
What You'll Learn
Discover evidence-based strategies to address your patients' and clients' specific nutrition needs as well as their toughest questions. Connect with nutrition educators at the University of Kentucky to learn about nutritional approaches and practical culinary strategies to promote health.
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and apply complex nutritional concepts to a wide variety of individuals, communities, and organizations.
- Provide leadership and innovation to the nutrition profession, facilitating the growth and application of best practices in the field to our region and globally.
- Utilize theories of health behavior and the translation of theory into practice as a valuable tool in public health, community, and clinical nutrition settings.
- CNU 503 Nutrition for the Health Professions
- DHN 593 Introduction to Culinary Medicine
- NS 689 Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- NS 550 Drug and Nutrient Interactions
How to Apply
- CV or Resume
- Personal statement- Please describe your career goals and how the graduate certificate in Applied Nutrition and Culinary Medicine would advance these goals (one page maximum, please).
- Prospective students should have completed basic biology and biochemistry courses.
*Post baccalaureate students interested in graduate nutrition education that meet the prerequisite requirements will also be considered for admission.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.