Graduate Certificate in DeafBlind
Enhance your ability to administer advanced level services to Deafblind students. This online program best prepares educators how to work with this population.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in DeafBlind overview
What You'll Learn
The DeafBlind Certificate Program focuses on providing advanced training for early intervention providers, preschool teachers, special education teachers, teachers of the visually impaired, teachers of the deaf/hard of hearing, and rehabilitation counselors.
Focused area of learning:
- Communication needs of learners who are DeafBlind
- Gathering and understanding assessment information
- Determining learning targets
- Designing instruction for learner who are DeafBlind
- Assistive technology, augmentative and alternative communication
- Providing self-help skills
- IEC 510 Practicum in Early Childhood
- IEC 547 Addressing Communication Needs of Learners who are DeafBlind
- IEC 548 Assessment and Intervention Planning for Learners who are DeafBlind
- BVI 617 Visual Impairment and Multiple Disabilities
How to Apply
- Personal Statement - why you want to receive the certificate and any current experiences with learners who are DeafBlind.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. (Only email addresses required. Our system will email them to upload their reference.)
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.