Graduate Certificate in Telehealth
Maximize healthcare access. This 1-year online program will prepare you to be a leader in the development, implementation, and evaluation of telehealth models. This program is ideal for those enrolled in clinical graduate programs seeking to increase their range of skills.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Graduate Certificate in Telehealth overview
What You'll Learn
- Implement telehealth in a variety of settings with diverse patient populations across the lifespan in accordance with professional ethics and state and federal rules and regulations.
- Train support personnel to assist the healthcare provider and patient during a telehealth encounter.
- Develop, market, and evaluate a telehealth program considering multiple levels, including consumer, provider, organization, community, and policy.
- Use interprofessional practices within a telehealth model.
Course content is delivered using a hybrid approach of asynchronous and synchronous methods weekly. Students must attend an in-person class on the Lexington campus once per semester.
During the in-person meeting, students will complete various certificate-related activities, including testing, skills assessments, and simulations.
- RHB 730 Introduction to Telehealth
- RHB 731 Telehealth & Professional Practices
- RHB 732 Clinical Practice within a Telehealth Environment
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest explaining professional goals for completing the certificate program.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.