Masters (MAS) in Applied Statistics
Manage "big" data and successfully describe, analyze and make inferences using current and rapidly evolving statistical methodologies. Through this online program, you will gain a firm understanding of applications of data analyses, of how to gain information from data sets, and how to visualize data appropriately in a variety of settings. This program will prepare graduates to function in a variety of roles such as data analyst, data management technician, data scientist, statistical programmer, and applied statistician.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Applied Statistics overview
What You'll Learn
Designed for the working professional, this flexible, online program prepares you for a career as a statistician in a wide range of industries. These include high tech employers like Google and Amazon, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer, as well as governmental agencies at the federal, state, and local level. As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- Manage large data sets in statistical computing platforms, including SAS and R.
- Design experiments and surveys to answer industry questions.
- Provide statistical consultation on problems that require solutions using multivariate methods and computational techniques.
- STA 645 Computational Theory and Data Visualization
- STA 646 Foundations of Probability and Inference
- STA 654 Applied Bayesian Analysis
- STA 648 Regression Modeling
- STA 649 Design of Experiments
How to Apply
Three letters of recommendation: Only email addresses are required. References will receive an automated email to upload their reference.
- Completion of a two-semester sequence in calculus
- Completion of one semester of statistics
*This program has Fall Admissions only
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.