Masters (MS) in Retailing & Tourism Management
Develop expertise in Hospitality, Management, and Tourism or Merchandising, Apparel, and Textiles. This online program prepares you to maximize the customer experience through various channels and transactions.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Retailing & Tourism Management overview
What You'll Learn
- Use statistical analysis and other research methods to anticipate industry trends and respond to them.
- Acquire expertise in areas like event planning, food service management, E-tailing, and merchandising.
- Strategically address organizational problems as they arise, drawing on your new knowledge of historical developments in the field, theoretical and empirical research, and best practices.
We offer both thesis and non-thesis plans of study.
- Choose your track to focus on either Hospitality Management and Tourism, or Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles. Sample courses include:
- RTM 600 Research Methodology in Retailing and Tourism Management
- RTM 650 Survey of Current Theories and Literature
- RTM 772 Seminar in Retailing and Tourism Management
- RTM 690 Industry Experience in Retailing and Tourism Management
- Basic Statistical Analysis Course
How to Apply
- Three letters of recommendation (Only an email address is required. Our system will ask them to upload their letter.)
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.