Masters (MPFM) in Public Financial Management
Achieve impact as a financial manager for public and nonprofit organizations. This online program will equip you with skills in public finance, governmental accounting, and financial management to manage organizations.
This program can be completed in two years of continuous enrollment (fall-spring-summer).
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Public Financial Management overview
What You'll Learn
Courses are taught in sequential, 8- and 4-week modules that allow you to actively participate as you balance work-life demands. As a student in our program, you will:
- Work with faculty that have expertise in relevant areas such as public budgeting, debt management, public sector accounting, and auditing.
- Develop practical knowledge of public finance, governmental accounting, and financial management.
- Prepare to efficiently manage the finances of public and nonprofit institutions and develop new, financially sustainable programs for those organizations.
- PA 631 Public Financial Management
- PA 632 Public Funds Management
- PA 625 Govt Accounting & Financial Condition Analysis
- PA 627 Governmental Auditing
- PA 696 Legal Issues in PFM
- PA 626 Applications in Govt Accounting & Auditing
- PA 633 Municipal Securities
- PA 695 Data and Revenue Forecasting
- PA 685 Tax Administration
- PA 697 Public Financial Policy Analysis
- PA 694 Public Pensions and Insurance
- PA 681 Capstone Project
How to Apply
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement - Indicate your public service background and why you want to obtain an MPF
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
*Summer semester start date in only available to students who have completed the Public Financial Management graduate certificate at UK.
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.