Masters (MS) in Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Our program will prepare you for a career as a manufacturing engineer, industrial engineer, or systems engineer. In this online program, you will learn skills to further sustainable manufacturing and solve manufacturing problems in all stages of production.
Designed for the working engineer or manufacturing professional, this program allows you to complete courses online as your schedule permits. As a graduate student in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, you will learn from world-class faculty and complete courses that will prepare you for a career in management as a manufacturing engineer, industrial engineer, or systems engineer. Our program is committed to furthering sustainable manufacturing and focuses on total lifecycle product design.
This program is completed asynchronously, with a few scheduled live events/meetings that are conducted online.
At a Glance
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Manufacturing Systems Engineering overview
What You'll Learn
- Identify, investigate, analyze, and solve manufacturing problems in all stages of production.
- Communicate technical concepts to a wide-variety of audiences in written and face-to-face formats.
- Deploy the knowledge, skills, and attitude required for designing, manufacturing, and managing products, processes, and systems more sustainably and ethically.
- MFS 505 Modeling of Manufacturing Processes and Machines
- MFS 605 Modeling Simulation and Control for Manufacturing
- MFS 606 Manufacturing Seminar/Project
- MFS 613 Sustainability, Ethics, & Leadership in Manufacturing Organizations
- Manufacturing Specializations Electives (9 credits)
- Other Electives (tailored to your unique interests) (9 credits)
How to Apply
- Personal Statement - addressing your area of interest in the field of manufacturing and how this degree will support your career aspirations
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Only an email address is required. Our system will ask them to upload their letter.)
- Minimum 2.8 undergraduate GPA
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.