Masters (MPH) in Public Health
Learn the fundamentals to shape the world of public health. This top-ranked online program provides training in the management functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
And with an accelerated curriculum, you can be career-ready in as little as 24 months!
At a Glance
Fall 2024-2025 cycle
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Public Health overview
What You'll Learn
Our students in the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program explore all facets of health management and policy, including the management functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Through the choice of electives, students are able to tailor their program to include training in how to develop, implement, and evaluate policy. This combination of management and policy is a critical component to a successful career in public health management.
- Evidence-based approaches to public health
- Public health and health care systems
- Planning and management to promote health
- Policy in public health
- Inter-professional practice
- Systems thinking
- CPH 663 Foundations of Public Health
- CPH 643 Measuring Health Behavior: Quantitative and Qualitative
- CPH 605 Epidemiology
- CPH 650 Public Health Systems Administration
- CPH 603 Data Analysis
- CPH 621 Understanding and Communicating Environmental Health Risks
- CPH 672 Evidence-Based Public Health Planning and Practice
- CPH 609 Public Health Practicum
- CPH 608 Public Health Capstone
How to Apply
STEP 1: Apply to the online MPH program using SOPHAS by July 1.
• Select MPH in Health Systems and Policy Analytics-ONLINE.
• SOPHAS is used as the primary application for the MPH program. Your admission decision will be made using this application
STEP 2: Apply to the UK Graduate School following your SOPHAS application decision.
• The UK Graduate School application is secondary and used to enroll you as a graduate student at the university.
• All information received from your SOPHAS application is sent to the Graduate School by the College of Public Health.
• When completing your application for the Graduate School, you can upload the documents you used for your SOPHAS application.
For more information, please contact the College at email@example.com or 859-257-5678.
Required Admissions Materials:
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Three (3) evaluations/recommendations
- Writing sample
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.