Masters (M.Ed.) in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
Expand your knowledge and skills for working with children with and without disabilities. In this blended master's degree program (Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education), you will learn to implement a curriculum framework that supports early development and learning for all young children. The program is designed for working professionals and will prepare you for leadership positions as a teacher, researcher, or administrator.
At a Glance
Fall 2024- early decision apply by 3/15
Credits and Tuition Cost (2023-2024)
Masters in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education overview
What You'll Learn
- Conduct classroom, program, and student assessments using a variety of tools, including observation, portfolios, and standardized testing.
- Develop educational plans for individual students and map curricula for classrooms and programs that draw on your knowledge of childhood development.
- Create rich learning environments that apply findings from research and theory and foster student learning outcomes.
The program has thesis (30 credit hours) and non-thesis (36 credit hours) options. The Master’s program includes practica, which are supervised by U.K. faculty. The practicum may be completed at location convenient for the student.
Upon completion of the M. Ed. program, students may seek Rank II certification in Kentucky.
- IEC 620 Assessment in IECE
- IEC 621 Issues in IECE
- IEC 623 Advanced Practicum in IECE
- IEC 710 Advanced Instructional Methods in IECE
- IEC 659 Advanced Child Development
How to Apply
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample
- Three letters of recommendation (Only an email address is required. Our system will ask them to upload their letter.)
Licensure & Authorization
Where you live matters when completing distance education activities. If you will live outside of Kentucky while completing your program, please check the Distance Learning Authorization & Licensure page to confirm that the program can be offered in your state or country, and if relevant, that it meets professional licensure requirements in your state. Please note: Admission and enrollment in a fully-online program can NOT lead to the issuance of a J-1 or F-1 student visa.AUTHORIZATION & LICENSURE INFO
Once you become a student, you will have access to a wide variety of academic support services to maximize your success. These services are available completely online to meet the needs of our online students.